Beach Activity Recommendations
*Monti Kids receives a small amount of revenue from these links
- Vinyl Shower Curtain - Dig a hole, add the shower curtain, fill with water and your baby can have safe and entertaining beach fun!
- Beach Toys and Bag - The mesh bag makes shaking off the sand a breeze once you're all packed up!
- Sand Proof Beach Blanket - Create a space to limit sensory input with shade and a sand free zone!
- Beach Wagon - Carry all the necessities to take a load off your shoulders!
- Beach Chairs - Back support for nursing mamas or those carrying all the gear is a must!
Beach Vacations for the Whole Family
- Embrace the Early Bird Lifestyle: Babies and toddlers tend to rise with the sun, so take advantage of those early morning hours when the beach is less crowded and temperatures are cooler. Enjoy a peaceful stroll along the shore, search for seashells, or simply marvel at the beauty of the sunrise together. Plus, the lighting is perfect for adorable family photos!
- Set Up a Shaded Oasis: Protecting your little ones from the sun's rays is crucial, so create a shaded haven where they can take breaks from the sun. Bring a large umbrella, pop-up beach tent, or even a beach canopy to provide a cool retreat. Don't forget to pack a picnic blanket for a comfortable place to relax and enjoy snacks or a beachside picnic.
- Water Play and Splashing Fun: Most babies and toddlers are fascinated by the water, but safety should always be a priority. Look for shallow areas with gentle waves where your little ones can safely explore. Use a baby pool or inflatable bathtub as a contained play area, filling it with a small amount of seawater for some supervised splashing and water play. Always keep a close eye on your child, and remember that flotation devices are not a substitute for adult supervision.
- Montessori-Inspired Activities: Montessori principles can be incorporated into beach play too! Encourage your child's natural curiosity by bringing a few simple tools like a child-sized rake and shovel. Allow them to explore the textures of the sand, collect seashells, and build sandcastles together. Engaging in these hands-on activities fosters sensory development and enhances their fine motor skills while encouraging a deep connection with nature.
- Healthy Snacks and Hydration: Beach vacations can be energy-draining, so it's important to keep your little ones well-nourished and hydrated. Pack a variety of healthy snacks such as sliced fruits, veggie sticks, cheese cubes, and whole-grain crackers. Don't forget to bring plenty of water and other hydrating beverages to keep everyone refreshed throughout the day. It's essential to strike a balance between playtime and proper nourishment to ensure an enjoyable and energized beach experience.